Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Let the countdown begin...

Anéis | Rings


I'm going to be photographing a wedding exactly two months from today. 

With no experience, questionable people skills, and a very basic (and finicky) point-and-shoot camera, I was pretty terrified by the idea when it was first proposed. Since the bride's younger sister is my best friend, I'd been vaguely involved with things concerning the wedding... But taking the official wedding pictures?

My worrying over things is nothing new, but the approach I took to them this time was: instead of waiting until my concerns started to overwhelm me and then going to God with them, I started by giving them up to Him before I even agreed to the job.

Three days later, I was given a short-term job staying overnight with one of the seniors my mom takes care of while the woman's husband is in the hospital. After just two nights of this, I already have over half of the money I need to buy this:


So here I am, the official photographer of Eric and Michelle's wedding. I will hopefully be able to purchase my long-wanted Canon by the end of the week. People have already agreed to let me practice taking portraits with them. I have two months to work on overcoming some of my social awkwardness.

And above all, I know that God is good.


1 comment:

  1. That would be awesome if you could get that camera before the wedding. It would make the whole experiance so much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete